Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy

------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------

Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.

Friday

Vacation


Just returned from somewhat of a vacation.

Despite my best efforts, I spent more than half of my time working rather than resting, relaxing and spending time with my family.

I set up an autoresponder on my work email "I am out of the office until March 1. I will respond to email when I return or as time allows".

I changed my voice mail greeting "I am out of the office until March 1. I will not be checking messages during this time, but will do so and return your call by March 2".

Neither was effective. My customers called my cellular frequently. And being trained as a modern twenty first century person that I am, I picked up each call without hesitation. After all, that is why we are connected, right?

Wrong. All in all, out of four days of non-drive time vacation, I spent about one and half days working. My bad and my fault.

My wife and kids had a swell time, but they missed me and I missed out.

I will not do that again.

I still have this weekend left, but I know how much work I have to catch up on. So we will see how that goes.

Digg!
Add to Google

Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe

No comments:

We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.