I went to the ATM (Automated Teller Machine, not ATM machine) today to get some cash. I generally use plastic (ATM or Credit function) for everything, but some payees require greenbacks so there you go.
I put in my card, entered my PIN, chose withdraw, entered the amount, chose checking, agreed to the fee (not my bank!), took my cash, put money in console. car in gear and drove off. Total time: Less than one minute.
But why is it anytime I am in line at the ATM (car, not on foot), the person in front has one or more of these problems?
1) Can't stop their car where they can reach the ATM keypad so they stop, get out of the car, lean over the ATM and conduct their business. Or goes forward and reverse several times until they get their car just right?
2) Has another person in the car they are carrying on an animated conversation with delaying each step and adding additional time to their ATM transaction.
3) Have all the appearances of attempting to open an IRA at the ATM due to the amount of time they take in line.
4) Refuse to believe they have not enough money or no money in their account to access - they try over and over again with smaller amounts entered, tearing off receipts as they are spat out and yet, try again.
5) Push the help button and call a real teller to assist them with the ATM - That's when it's time to GO IN THE BANK and get out of the ATM line.
6) Attempt to conduct multiple transactions, i.e. a multiple deposits, transfers and withdraws. Go in the bank for crying out loud.
7) Talking on the cell phone while in line, again, like having another passenger in the car, delays the transaction and keeps everyone behind them waiting.
8) Doesn't know their PIN and try repeated guesses over and over again all while looking back at the cars behind them and shaking their head with a helpless smile on their face. GET.OUT.OF.LINE.
9) And the most annoying - Complete their transaction, then sit in the car blocking the ATM lane while they balance their checkbook, arrange items in the car, check their hair, pick their nose and finally, after several excruciating moments, start their car and slowly drive out of the ATM lane. It must be nice to be the only person on earth.
What annoys you at the ATM?
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.