One thing I have begun in earnest is an electronic personal marketing campaign. If you have not started one, you should now.
What does a personal marketing campaign involve?
1) Get a website - not for your company, but for the brand called you. Websites are cheap and easy. The tools to build one are idiot proof. Domain names are inexpensive too. Check with GoDaddy or one of the other registrars for names and hosting options.
I have two web sites, one which markets me and the other which facilitates my sales work.
2) Get a blog - not the same as a website but rather a fluid online journal of your actions and accomplishments. A blog is as mandatory as a business card and working phone number. Use your blog to promote your website and vice versa.
3) Use LinkedIn - go to www.linkedin.com and download a copy. Fill out the profile and get your personal URL. Now tell everyone you are on LinkedIn. Get lots of invites to join their network. Grow your name.
4) Get Plaxo - It integrates with Outlook to manage your addresses. But it does one more thing. It sends email updates every time your contact information changes. Think about it. Free e-commercials to everyone in your address book every time your title or phone number changes. And its free. Unbelievable.
5) Start a mailing list and newsletter - these two go hand in hand. Setup an email list of your business contacts. Once a month or week send out a newsletter. Make the newsletter look as professional as possible. Most of the tools are free, so why not use them? Make yourself an expert. Mailing list software is cheap or can be done for free with most mail programs.
Note: Remove anyone who requests it. Don't be rude.
Enough to do this holiday weekend to keep you busy and excited about marketing yourself. Get busy and let me know how it goes.
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.