A busy week with work has me struggling for blogging time, but Marketing Me! will not suffer!
LinkedIn - Have you seen Barack Obama question on LinkedIn?
1) It won't matter what your answer was - 1300+ the last time I checked! This was some skillful, but small scale political posturing. Expect to see more of this on other Web 2.0 sites.
2) Several complaints about politics on LinkedIn from users; "Isn't this site for networking and work, only and not politics?" is the general gripe. Haven't heard about anyone canceling their membership though.
Speaking of LinkedIn, check out Jason Alba's new book. Jason runs Jibber Jobber! which is also a neat site.
Things I have learned being in sales..
1) Silence is golden. Listen to your prospects, spouse, friends, etc when they are talking, nothing is more powerful. Also, when "debating" any subject, silence has more power than any argument. Make your point, shut up.
2) Persistence counts. Call, visit and write. Often. People reward persistence and hard work.
3) You don't get anything in life without asking first.
Have a great weekend, and happy hunting!
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.