Seth Godin as usual puts out another great list. This time on successful book writing. Godin should know, he has written a few himself - see below.
Unfortunately, he stopped at 19.
20. Read books. Read the best sellers and the not so best. Why? What do authors do right and wrong?
21. Write to questions. Self help, technology, doing business in China.. new ideas which pose questions. Write answer books.
22. Re-write. Every good book was rewritten a dozen times before it saw the light of day. Originally, Harry Potter was a girl and Hogwarts was in Spain. Just kidding.
23. Love criticism. From your spouse, friends, family, enemies, etc. about your writing. It only makes you better.
24. Don't spend the money, yet. Most authors make very little from their book sales. Unless you are the next Stephen King, you are writing for love, satisfaction and a tiny amount of notoriety.
25. Practice. Write articles, blogs, letters.
The Ultimate Seth Godin Required Reading Book List. These are my three favorites.
Best of Seth Godin
Purple Cow - build different and win.
Survival Is Not Enough - Only success is. Good is the enemy of Great.
Permission Marketing - Don't interrupt any longer. Build lists of customers.
(Wait! There's four!) Free Prize Inside - Give extra value and wow your customers.
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.