If you have been out of work for some time or if you are burned out on your current job, then a perk up is needed.
The economy is not doing well. Employers are slow to hire because the economy is so uncertain. Things don't feel like they are getting better in spite of what all the "experts" (who have jobs, by the way) are saying.
Here are some suggestions to get out of the slump and get moving in the right direction.
1) Turn off the news - whether it is TV, newspapers or the internet, the news has the ability to depress anyone further than they already are. You won't miss anything by not watching or reading the news during work (search) hours.
2) Start listening and reading to inspiration. Now that the news is off, go research inspirational writing and videos on the internet. Or go to the library and pick up something positive. This does not necessarily mean "religious or spiritual" (but if that works for you, go for it), but rather, positive thinking and action. Zig Ziglar, Napoleon Hill, etc. Get positive!
3) Leave the house. Too many out of work job seekers barricade themselves in front of the computer and refuse to leave the house. "I can't afford to go anywhere!" they moan. Nonsense. Call a friend, acquaintence or former job mate and meet for coffee. Even Starbucks has a cheap cup for under a buck. Dig some change out from the sofa and go meet someone for conversation. It helps to have a different set of eyes looking at your life.
4) Go through the Rolodex of former work mates, bosses, customers, etc. Maybe you failed to get everyone's contact information - don't worry, they are probably on Facebook! Look up your old contacts and drop them a line. 90% of them have a job and maybe one knows of an opening not yet announced.
5) Get physical. I can't tell you how many times my slump has been broken with a good sweat. Go for a run or brisk walk. Ride the bike. Mow the lawn. Clean out the garage or closets. Get some physical activity and get something accomplished. Release some endorphins and get the old brain moving again.
Bottom line is this. No matter what you do, stop doing what you are doing which has put you in the slump. Get out and get better!
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.