Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy

------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------

Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.

Wednesday

Sales


Advice

I work in

I have a quota to meet each quarter and annually. I have to constantly build and maintain my pipeline. No pipeline means no sales this quarter or the next.

I hate . Many sales managers like cold calling however. It makes sales people "look busy". So when I had a bad quarter earlier this year, my manager recommended that I start cold calling prospects.

Did I mention I hate cold calling?

My friend Frank has a new book on the subject of cold calling and has a few chapters available. Check it out at Never Cold Call. Guess what? He hates cold calling too, thus the name.

What's neat about Frank's book is the first 10 chapters are free. Which is too bad because I bought the book from Amazon when it first came out. Good for you.

Never Cold Call has the same philosophy as Marketing Me. Where portable people like us use Web 2.0 technology to market ourselves, Frank advocates using the same technology to increase sales leads and sales.

Remember, we are all in sales. If you are not part of the process you WILL be part of the exit process. Everyone is a sales person sometime.

No comments:

We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.