Across the United States, the polls are open and citizens are flocking to pull the lever and cast their vote.
All admirable - vote early and vote often as they say.
As we get bombarded by the non-stop speeches, articles, soundbites and candidate phone calls, we will inevitably hear our politicians make reference to jobs at sometime or another.
Terms will be bandied about like "job creation" or "worker uncertainty" or something similar.
In the spirit of the election, let's remind our politicians about the new contributor to progress in the U.S., the self promoter and marketer. We are the future, and they had better listen to our platform.
1) Job creation is something self promoters and marketers always do. We make creative things happen where ever we work. Our employers, customers and cohorts will always find a way to keep us involved and onboard because of the incredible value we bring to the work place.
2) Job security happens when the offers keep coming despite our relative happiness at our current location and occupation. We market ourselves and talents and thus, are sought out from all corners. We use the Internet to advertise our personal brand and the calls come in. We feel very secure.
3) Worker benefits are the benefits we bring to our current place of work or to our customers. Because of these benefits, rewards come our way in increased personal funding for our efforts.
4) I am a successful, confident, active and remarkable contributor. I am not a victim or a statistic.
5) Self promoters and marketers always have their hand in a half dozen different projects. Layoffs and closings mean little to us because we work constantly towards self funding and foster multiple revenue opportunities. Adherents to self marketing often leave one job on Friday and start another on Monday.
6) You won't find us punching the clock 9-to-5, standing in line at a job fair or waiting for a callback from our old job. We make lousy soundbites or campaign footage.
As our politicians have been finding out (usually too late), that the world is changing. Work is changing and most of us have easily adapted.
That adaptability is our real strength and coupled with our ingenuity and resourcefulness, we are an unstoppable force in this ever shrinking, globalized world.
Happy Election Day, America.
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.