What can you do this week to affect positive change in your professional life?
Start with some housekeeping.
1) Pull out your electronic resume and update. Add any highlights from the last quarter. Remove details from four years or two jobs ago outside of title, length of time employed and area of expertise.
2) Clean up your contacts. Add new ones from email, appointments, trade shows and networking. Make sure your contact list is up-to-date in Outlook, your PDA, LinkedIn, and Plaxo.
3) Update your website. (Mine was horribly out of date). Clean it up and add new information about what you are doing.
4) Update your profile on LinkedIn. Update your Plaxo profile and watch updates fly out to your contact list.
5) Clean out your desk. Throw out old paperwork. File. Rearrange. Change is good.
6) Clean out your briefcase or laptop bag.
7) Examine your CareerMap. Find your location. Plan your next destination.
Get ready, set, go.
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.