- A friend loses his job. He immediately signs up for a training class hoping it will land him a new job.
- An industrial worker, threatened with layoffs due to downsizing, demands training for a new job.
- Congress approves an appropriations bill which includes money for training.
- Your boss comes to you with your reward for loyal and devoted service over the past year; off site training.
Training is bad news.
- If you are paying for it, you are wasting your money.
- If you are getting laid off, it will not help you.
- If you boss rewards you with it, you are a failure bordering on termination.
- If government pays for training, it is probably outdated and mediocre.
Training is a death sentence. It is a money pit. It is punishment.
Don't confuse this with learning. Learning can be as simple as independent study for a few hours a night with a desktop application or an advanced course in electronics repair.
Learning is acquiring knowledge about a certain subject.
- I can learn about a subject and write an ebook about it in one weekend.
- A technician learns how an air conditioner compressor works and how to perform maintenance on the unit.
- An intern learns about the human heart and how to clear a clogged valve.
Want a bigger salary? Click here
Trainees get told how to tighten a screw, complete a report or put on a uniform.
Trainees get told "how things work and how they have always worked and how not to break it".
Training is what we do with horses and diaper wearing babies.
Training is for the dogs. Learning is for people.
Market Me First - The Positive Career and Work Action Plan Market Yourself | Make Money | Be Happy
------------------ In Black and White -------------------------------
Since 2005. Market yourself. Find better work. Make a name. Survive Layoffs. Be successful.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.